Wednesday, 24 August 2011

Something classy for today:

I *love* Fred Astaire and his dancing. I completely agree with my boyfriend's grandmother who recommends watching an Astairian dancing scene whenever you're feeling low - it truly lifts your spirits! However, I usually don't leave it at just watching dance scenes, I really enjoy dancing myself. No matter how miserable your mood may be, after a dancing session everything looks brighter... 

Today I found a reference to this brilliant event which I, unfortunately, have already missed. Last weekend there was a "Gehsteigdisco" (literally translated pavement disco) on a piazza not far from us in the 8th district of Vienna. Now the difference to a common street party is that the neighbourhood and bypassers didn't hear anything of the music, whereas the disco people could shake their booty to their favourite sounds. So how did this work? The folks wanting to participate could borrow wireless headphones and choose between two different music channels. It must really have been a strange sight for bystanders watching all those people dancing to seemingly nonexistent vibes...   

No comments:

Post a Comment