Wednesday, 14 September 2011

So then, a new school year has started and one of the crucial equipment for me as a teacher is definitely TEA. So instead of bothering that Neustadt pastry shop ladies any further about a cup of Earl Grey to go ("woswoinsbitte?") with a shot of milk and a napkin for transportation purposes, I've decided to make my own tea in the staff room (we even have an electric water boiler! Yay!). So yesterday I went out to buy a nice mug and a box of Lady Grey teabags to enhance the quality and output of my teaching and correction skills :-)

I always have to have something to drink or nibble around my desk when I engange in some sort of mental activity - right now, for instance, there's this fine cuppa cappuccino, a huge bottle of mineral water and some strips of chewing gum next to my laptop (don't worry, if I spill something I have at least a good reason to buy a new one ;-)). I guess this accumulation of food is what's left of my kinaesthetic learning preference - I always need to hold on to a cup/glass of whatever and sip or chew something. I know this can end disastrous, so I make sure that most of the things that go down my stomach are healthy and low fat. Plus, I'd never even touch a cigarette, because I'm deadly certain it would immediately become a habit.

So for the next time, my pupils will see me walking around school with a dark blue mug of tea with a shot of milk, so that it becomes even more obvious which subject I'm teaching... (Until now, though, I've successfully refrained from wearing tweed jackets and any type of Burberry-like patterns.)

Well then, I guess I have to start with my lesson preparations now, or else all of that lovely cappuccino will be gone before I can even open that course book...

(taken from https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgztIf0oFulNe-0j48OZiGoNeF0jd_5L5mCgmt5ybIdcW2nexAkqR_H3Yy1q2IzOJ9WufqeTYZUCzD8o-HMlxiHcMVnZIBZc7f-W1bTiCWVTmNBJISdtAQ_bLckWoQb8EIsEXYl-qfNjed0/s400/Beatrix+Potter+unknown+bunny+cropped.bmp )

No comments:

Post a Comment