Wednesday, 1 August 2012

I've had a pretty weird dream last night. Well, honestly speaking, I always do, but this one was different - it was not so much centered about surreal plot pieces but rather heavily visual instead. In fact, I've seen several places and rooms of my childhood, teenage and early twen years, all covered in red ivy, something like this:


Funnily, most of those places were indoors, and I was wondering how those thick ivy branches could spread their way all across the walls and the floor and ceiling and why nobody has noticed them earlier. But then, I realised it doesn't matter and went to the door. I turned around for the last time, had a good, final look at everything, smiled, said good night and switched off the lights.

I somehow know that something is about to change. It's hard to pinpoint it and it's rather a vague feeling than real knowledge. See, I'm often a close observer without actually knowing it. I unconsciously take in little details that weave patterns in my brain and then, after some time a picture emerges and I wonder where it came from and try to follow all the little threads back to their origin. Which is, as you probably can imagine,  in many cases an impossible task.

It's the same with this dream and I know that the basic idea is not that entirely new - I can trace back many of the threads. But there are still some missing and pose a riddle, a mystery to me.

All I can say is I feel that a whole era is going to end, and I'm a little sentimental about that.


No comments:

Post a Comment