So - it's
been quite some time since my last update... Life's been busy and most time in
the evenings I hardly manage to creep under the shower and then straight to
bed. Nevertheless I do write - I compose whole blog updates in my head when I'm
walking on the streets, waiting for the bus, washing the dishes, but due to
some procrastinative talent of mine they never actually make it to paper or
even the laptop.
Actually
there's something I really need to get off my chest... It's the lack of basic civility
and respect in certain local areas and professions and, of course, human individuals.
Mind you, I won't speak of these things having deteriorated over the course of
time, because honestly I think they didn't and former times have in this
respect not been any better. Therefore I won't blame the younger generation, as
I've observed this phenomenon in the last few weeks only among people between
40 and 60 (which doesn't mean there aren't any rude young people, too).
Some people
in certain fields of the tertiary sector still haven't realised that they
should provide a service and, in consequence, act accordingly. They are paid to
help, not to nurture prejudice and treat people with suspicion. You couldn't
even say that they are having a bad day, as their behaviour is standard and can
be felt and observed most of the time you have to deal with them. Still -
suppose they just were in bad mood (which would be 90% of their working time
then!), it's childish and unprofessional to show it that obviously and let it
out on others.
I could
rant for hours about that, but I guess I've covered the main things without
going into too much detail. Sorry that my first posting after three months of
absence isn't more positive.
No comments:
Post a Comment